Saturday, April 16, 2011

Season 1 - Episode 2

Well well. Yes, I am back. Bear with me, still not sure of the flow of this whole thing.

Hmm. a seed, a tiny little seed begins the whole process,  journey if  you will. One tiny tiny grape seed, planted. It grows into a grape vine. The grapes are harvested and some turned into wine. Pressed and stored, for a short time for everyday ordinary wine, but it is a longer wait for the fine wine. I am on a journey, a lifelong journey..of love, life and laughter. Faith, friendship and fellowship. I will not become a fine wine until the day I die, but I am getting 'better' everyday.

My life began just like everyone elses, a 'seed' if you will. Two teenagers from two different worlds, two different faiths, two different lives. Nine months later, my mom had me, my father, well, he must have had good running shoes. I am sure J & H loved each other, the way teenagers love, puppy-ish, but at least I wasn't the product of a one night stand.

A year later, C came into J's life. The only dad I knew. The only dad I loved. The only dad I still love.

I do not remember much of my childhood...part of what my daughter terms "mom's broken memory box". My mom wasn't the easiest to get along with, but I am sure she tried her best - (hmm, just head that they cancelled All My Children and One life to Live. Maybe if they did that 37 years ago, I'd have a better relationship with my mom...eh, nah, she would have found something else, that's just her). Thankfully I had my dad, uncle, grandparents, heck, my whole...very large, Italian...family. An upbringing that I am very greatful for, one that my future siblings and even my own children would never know...ever....

drink up,
Ms. Fine

No comments:

Post a Comment